Friday, July 11, 2008
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Tuesday, July 08, 2008
Women going out shopping
*Please appropriately reference this fatwa to: www.fatwa-online.com, thankyou!*
Question: Me and my wife go out to the market to buy necessary items for her or the house, and she comes out with me completely covered, and all praise is due to Allaah (alone), and she does not speak to any of the traders (shop owners and assistants). So is there any sin in her coming out (like this) or not? (Please) advise me.
Response: There is no harm in a woman going out to buy necessary items from the market if she has no-one who is able to do this on her behalf, so long as she is completely covered and remains away from mixing with the men and unnecessarily talking to them. And if she has a man from amongst her mahrams with her, then that is more complete and better.
However, if there is someone who can buy these necessary items on her behalf, then there is no need for her to go out for that which exists therein of fitnah and danger, especially in this day and age in which fitnah has increased and humility and mutual respect has decreased - except upon those whom Allaah has shown Mercy to. So it is obligatory for a woman to remain in her home as much as she is able to, as He (Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala) says:
Shaykh Ibn Fowzaan
al-Muntaqaa min Fataawa Shaykh Saalih al-Fowzaan - Volume 3, Page 294, Fatwa No.430
Monday, July 07, 2008
Tue Feb 19, 11:46 PM ET
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. apologized to a Muslim woman who said she was mocked because of her face veil.
"Please don't stick me up," a cashier told the shopper on Feb. 2, according to The Council on American-Islamic Relations.
Wal-Mart apologized Monday in a letter signed by Rolando Rodriquez, a vice president and regional general manager. It was released Tuesday by the council's Nevada chapter.
"I can assure you that the associate in question was disciplined in accordance with our employment policies as a result of the situation," Rodriguez said without disclosing details.
Rodriguez said employees at the Riverdale store would undergo "sensitivity training," specifically in the Islamic faith and Muslim culture.
At Wal-Mart headquarters in Bentonville, Ark., spokesman Phillip Keene confirmed the letter and declined further comment.
"We applaud Wal-Mart for taking appropriate action to resolve this incident," said Yasser Moten, executive director of the council's Nevada chapter. The group doesn't have an office in Utah.
Copyright © 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.
Sunday, July 06, 2008
Q: What books should we read to learn about our Deen and what avenues should we take to increase ourselves in mutual love?
Answered by: Shaykh Ahmed Baazmool, Hafidahullaah
The Shaykh said; with regards to books,
Sisters Upon Al-Istiqaamah
Salaf.Com | Articles
Highlighted Sisters Blogs
The Importance of Knowing the Meaning of La ilaha illAllaah - Shaykh Fawzaan (hafidhahullah) said, "The objective of the statement of *La ilaha illAllah* is not saying it with the tongue only without understanding it;...1 year ago
Articles for Sisters
- A Reminder For Our Believing Women
- Advice To The Muslimaat
- Concerning The Dancing of Women
- Having Many Children
- How the Salaf Would Deal With the Fitnah of Strange Women?
- Marriage or Education/Which Comes First?
- Misconception: Islam Degrades Women
- My Advice to the Women - Part 1-Umm 'Abdillaah al-Waadi'eeyyah
- My Advice to The Women - Part 2-Umm 'Abdillaah al-Waadi'eeyyah
- My Advice to the Women, Part 3 - Umm 'Abdillaah al-Waadi'eeyyah
- My Advice to the Women, Part 4 - Umm 'Abdillaah al-Waadi'eeyyah
- My Advice to the Women, Part 5 - Umm 'Abdillaah al-Waadi'eeyyah
- On the Awrah of Muslim Women to Other Muslim Women
- On the Imaamate of Women in Prayer
- Rulings for Fasting that are Specific for Women
- Salafee by Association: Focus on Women
- Some Miscellaneous Authentic Ahadeeth on Women going to the Mosque
- Some Miscellaneous Authentic Ahadeeth on Women Travelling
- The Hadeeth Of The Eleven Women
- The Muslim Woman-Her Status In the Ummah
- The Role of Women in Dawah
- The Status of Women Before and After Islaam
- The Status of Women in Islaam
- The Virtues of the Wives of the Du`aat
- Why Two Women Witnesses?
Recommended General Blogs
Learn the Arabic language (on campus) at the University of Umm Al Quraa - Great news for anyone who wants to learn the Arabic language. Registration is now available online for the Arabic program that's held at the University of...5 months ago
Masjid Rahmah Seminar this weekend – July 29,30,31 - السلام عليكم We advise all of our beloved readers to come out and benefit from this weekend of knowledge at Masjid Rahmah in Newark NJ. Talha Shahid – Real...7 months ago